Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet the teacher day....

Josh was a little nervous, Ben not quite sure. But once we got to the school, all of that was replaced with eagerness. We went to Ben's classroom first. Here, he's showing his teacher, Mrs. Jones, where he wants to sit--it was part of a "scavenger hunt." She was already having fun with him! (Wheeew!! Maybe he'll be alright after all! :D)

He found his cubby....

and his coat hook. Yay, Ben!


Now here's Josh in his new room. His teacher's name is Mrs. Youngblood. She's talking to one of Josh's friends from kindergarten, Carson. We found out that two of Josh's K friends, including Carson, and his best girl friend, Chloe, are in his class! He was soooo relieved when he found out that Chloe would be in his class! ;)
Mrs. Youngblood was asking Josh a question, but he was distracted by Ben playing with a "shark" in a bottle(?!).

Josh checks out his new desk, with his friend by his side...


I couldn't possibly resist taking this picture. How sweet. Sometimes he would flat out deny it, but Josh really loves his little brother.
(When I asked Ben if he wanted me or Josh to walk him to his class on the first day, he chose Josh. Awww.)




This is the music teacher, Mrs. Ledford. She told us about the interesting instruments on her table, and of course the boys were all too willing to try them out! I told her that it takes a special kind of person to be a music teacher! lol Sorry to say, all I hear is noise, Noise NOISE! :D



And then we had some after-school fun.



Beep-beep..comin' through!

My monkey boys... "I'll race ya!"

3 comments:

ellie said...

awww....gosh, I can't help shed a few tears of nostalgia remembering when my boys were that young....what a great mom you are to document all these important days in their lives with pictures....what a legacy!

desi said...

Thanks, ellie. I love taking their pix, and of course scrappin' them! There are so many things that I have forgotten of my own childhood, as well as not knowing much family history, that I want my boys to remember and know through their pix and scrapbooks. And, e...thanks so much for leaving comments on my blog...it helps make my day, too! :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures to capture such a special time!! The picture of the boys walking down the holding hands one to blow up and hang on the wall!!

TEXT