Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthday Blessing ;)

Yes, my birthday is more than a week past, but I continue to feel blessed. And the wonderful thing is, I will continue to feel that way for sometime. Not to sound cliche, but everyday above ground is a good day, and every day that I get to be with my family is special. And even beyond that, I have friends that make me feel so blessed. You know who you are. ;)

Below, is a picture of some American Crafts' Thickers sticker letters that I am just completely crazy over. I use them quite often on my scrapbook pages. I found these last week at Big Lots, and for only $2 each! At a craft store, they would cost anywhere from $2.99 to 4.99, depending on what they're made from (chipboard, felt, vinyl, foam, fabric, etc.). As you can see, I stocked up! When I purchase these, I usually do so in twos, so I have plenty of "e's". (I wish they'd sell these with sheets of vowels only! =) )

Then last weekend, I had a wonderful day out with my two best friends-Gina, and her sister, Claudette. They took me to a scrapbook store in Pisgah Forest/Brevard (Sandy's Scrapbook Corner) that I'd never been to. I had seen it when my family went camping nearby, but when we went, it was closed. Now I am glad I didn't get to go in then--my boys would have been bored silly as I oogled and drooled over all the stuff! I have seen things there that I'd only seen online, and Michael's and AC Moore's are no comparison. To say the least, I LOVED it! And the icing on the "birthday" cake, my friends bought everything in my basket as a present for my birthday. I didn't expect that at all. Yes, they are terrific friends. During our day out, they continued to pamper me and treat me like...like...I have no words to express it, only to say that I was/am blessed. I don't know what I've done to deserve such dear friends. The bible says we are not worthy of God's love, yet He loves us because of who He is, and He pours His blessings upon us. I guess I have done nothing to deserve such friends as Gina and Claudette, God just loves me. I only hope that I can be the kind of friend to them that they have been to me, perhaps a blessing. Thank you both for being my friends, and for the wonderful gifts. Now, everytime I use these supplies, I will be reminded of you and your generosity, and the blessing that you are to me. I love you both.

1 comments:

ellie said...

ooo, a friend of mine just got me some of those Thickers....I love them too.....you lucky duck!

TEXT