I had a great birthday weekend. On Saturday, my best friend, Gina-hey girl!-babysat while Steve took me shopping in Spartanburg at the West Gate Mall. I didn't find anything there for me, but Steve found some jeans on sale for $9.99, so he got several. We left the mall and drove just a short way before I saw a Michael's. I found some interesting pirate themed paper there that our local store didn't have. Then we looked for the Hobby Lobby that someone had told us about. As we got close, I said, "There it is!" Steve said I'm like a hound dog when it comes to finding a scrapbook store! LOL :D There, I found a paper pack from Basic Grey that I had only found online before, for $18.99. Ouch. At the checkout, it turned out to be 50% off! YEY!! It was nice to be out, just the two of us--it seems like it was ages ago since we'd been on a "date." Thanks again, Gina, for babysitting--it was very much needed! =)
On Sunday, the boys ran me out of the house, told me to go outside and enjoy the cool weather. (0kay...) While I was outside, they helped Daddy decorate the living room with bright pink streamers and colorful birthday balloons. When I was allowed to come back inside, the boys jumped out from behind the furniture and yelled, "Surprise!" I was then showered with hugs and wet, smoochie kisses.......
2 comments:
Such sweet, silly boys!!
awwww! I remember when my two guys were that age! You are right...that snugglin' won't last for long (mine are teens now...wouldn't be caught dead smoochin' their old mom on the cheek today). Enjoy it while it lasts! It just goes by way way too fast...
Post a Comment