No new photos, but I just wanted to give an update on how things are going around here.
We had a great first week of school. Both boys were excited to get into their classes. But then came the weekend. They did get to enjoy a birthday party at Pizza Inn for a friend from church on Saturday, but later in the evening, things took a turn for the worse. Evidently there is a "bug" going around the school, which Ben just had to bring home, as he was the first to come down with it, vomitting, etc.....just lovely...and after only three days of school!! He was so miserable...he was awake until about 3 am. After Daddy got home from work, he took over and I went to bed--around 2. He seemed much better on Sunday, though very tired. Needless to say, we didn't go to church. But later in the afternoon, I tried to wake him from his second nap, since it was nearly supper time, and it was then that he kinda gave us a scare. He was acting almost like a stroke victim. So we had him say his ABCs and asked him questions like "who am I?" and "what's my name?" etc. Eventually, he came around, and we were relieved. He was sleeping so deeply that, even though he was walking and sitting up, he was just that out of it. And then later, he was running around, laughing and giggling... like normal. I kept him home from school on Monday, but Josh went on to school. Around 2:30 I got a call from the school....Josh was sick...vomitting....luckily, I remembered to take the bucket with me!! Monday night, Steve came home from work an hour early, sick. Today, Wednesday, the boys went back to school, but Steve is still home. So, needless to say, I've not had as much time to scrapbook as I thought, or hoped. Family first. Especially when they're sick. And, so far, I've been blessed not to have gotten the "bug." Pray for me! Seriously......I'll need it. Thanks.....
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, Desiree! I'm so sorry EVERYONE has been sick...blech! Especially with that kind of sickness...ew. I hope you don't get it too! I'm praying that everyone will get well and that your schedule returns to normal s-o-o-n.
(and how smart are you to take a bucket?! that's genius! I wouldn't have thought of it...)
Hate to hear that the dynamic duo are sick. We'll keep you all in our prayers, as always. Had a few things to bring by, but, I think I'll wait another day or two. Stay strong mommy!
Oh my! We are sorry everyone's been sick. I hope they feel all better soon and that mommy takes care of herself! You are always in our prayers. Take care!
Thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. I think tomorrow will be back to normal...I hope! And as for me, so far so good!!
Post a Comment