Wow, it's been two weeks since we got home from the beach, and I am just now getting to the blogging! I am trying! So, with no further ado, here we go...
~~~~~~
We went to church before leaving town on Sunday morning, so that meant a late arrival. We ran into rain about 50 miles out, and it only got worse as we got closer. We saw the worst lightning ever, or at least in recent years. Luckily, by the time we got to the resort, it was only drizzling rain, and we unloaded the van, and settled into the room with little trouble. The first thing we did was check out the view from our balcony. The boys were really excited when they saw the silly sub adventure just below our room....

Then we ventured down to the beach. The pools were deserted...I guess the lightning was pretty extreme. There was only a few people brave enough to go out to the beach, and this was as far as we were going to go--the storm was just off shore and we were still watching the lightning flash....
The boys thought that sleeping in the murphy bed (the bed's hidden in the wall) was cool.
The next morning, Mom woke bright and early, and got a "BEFORE" photo of the boys....
Then we ventured down to the beach. The pools were deserted...I guess the lightning was pretty extreme. There was only a few people brave enough to go out to the beach, and this was as far as we were going to go--the storm was just off shore and we were still watching the lightning flash....
The boys thought that sleeping in the murphy bed (the bed's hidden in the wall) was cool.
The next morning, Mom woke bright and early, and got a "BEFORE" photo of the boys....
Ben wanted to play at the silly sub first, so we did....
It was a really cool place to run around and have fun and get soaked....

I don't think I have ever seen Ben smile so much, so big, so long!



But Josh got bored quickly, and he wanted to go to the "big" pool. At the deep end it was 5'6", which is over Mom's head. ( :P ) But Josh was not the least afraid...He jumped right in and was swimming like a fish....

And doing flips and hand-stands....

After Ben realized that he could trust his arm floats, he had a new-found confidence, and didn't want Mom holding onto him--holding him back--anymore!

After playing in the various pools, we went down to the beach (after much pleading from Mom). It was a little crowded, but we found a spot, and had some fun....
I don't think I have ever seen Ben smile so much, so big, so long!
But Josh got bored quickly, and he wanted to go to the "big" pool. At the deep end it was 5'6", which is over Mom's head. ( :P ) But Josh was not the least afraid...He jumped right in and was swimming like a fish....

And doing flips and hand-stands....
After Ben realized that he could trust his arm floats, he had a new-found confidence, and didn't want Mom holding onto him--holding him back--anymore!
After playing in the various pools, we went down to the beach (after much pleading from Mom). It was a little crowded, but we found a spot, and had some fun....
(this is one of my favorite pics)

And Josh continued to amaze (scare) me, jumping/diving right into the waves, still with no fear (that's the part that scares me the most!)

Every day, we played in the pools and on the beach. It was truly a great vacation.

The "AFTER" picture the next morning. Notice the change in skin tone....

And Josh continued to amaze (scare) me, jumping/diving right into the waves, still with no fear (that's the part that scares me the most!)
Every day, we played in the pools and on the beach. It was truly a great vacation.
The "AFTER" picture the next morning. Notice the change in skin tone....
There is still more pictures to share. I took 400+ pics, but I'll narrow that down, and include only the highlights, so as not to bore you! haha Keep looking for further posts of our fun.
~~~~~~
Speaking of fun, tomorrow we celebrate Ben's 6th birthday! (Actually it's Sunday.) So there will be pictures of that fun to follow as well. Hope you guys don't mind lots of pics!! If so...too bad for ya Porky!
1 comments:
Looks like an amazing vacation! I think Josh may get that fearlessness from his uncle....who, even at 34, is giving me gray hairs. And I think Jaden is following in Daddy's footsteps! Happy early birthday to Ben! We're celebrating Jaden's birthday today and I will share all the pictures as soon as I have them! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
Post a Comment