Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's flyin' by...

It's now officially summer. And boy, has it felt like it! Since school's been out, things have been crazy fun around here. (;D) As Daddy promised, the boys got to play their new Wii games, and have been totally addicted ever since. (Okay, okay, so have I! lol) And when we're not playing Wii games, we're outside in the pool. It's been too hot to do much else!
~~~~~~
There hasn't been much time for any crafting, despite the fact that we've been inside out of the heat a lot. (I guess I've been preoccupied with the Wii. hehehe) There are LOs of Easter still sitting on the desk, waiting for journaling, along with some other fun times of this past spring. I did make some end-of-the-year thank you cards for the boys' teachers, and of course Father's Day cards. I might get them posted after vacation. Maybe.....
~~~~~~
And then there's that, the vacation. The anticipation. It's "killing" us! Every morning when the boys get up, one of them will ask, "Is today the day we go to the beach?" We've been marking the days off on the calendar, and counting down, but for some reason they must think that when they sleep, time speeds up or something, that they slept through three or four days! They're hilarious! And now we're down to the final days, the preparation, the packing. Ugh! But I know it'll all be worth it. I'll try to get some pictures of our fun posted ASAP when we get back. Maybe.....
~~~~~~
We've also been enjoying the fruits of our labors...in the garden...broccoli, squash and a couple of tomatoes. (Which made such very yummy BLTs-mmmmm! Love me a good BLT!) Looking forward to some cuks and lima beans, and of course, sweet corn. We've even got a pumpkin vine (?) growing out there! Josh planted it from seed, along with some other things, in school. Every couple of days, he'd bring something else home. Some were transplanted to one of the gardens, the others, well, they didn't make it. But it's nice to see him take an interest in watching his plants grow.
~~~~~~
Anyway, that's it for now. I'm sure that I'll have lots to tell in a week or so, if I can find the time. Maybe I'll just have to put aside the house cleaning and laundry and cooking to find some time to craft and blog. Yeah, right! Such is life. But I don't want to be anywhere else. Here is where I want to be! Like the subtitle to one of the blogs I follow says, "Being caught up is highly over-rated." So, I'm just going to enjoy what I have now, and worry about "being caught up" later. Have a wonderful weekend/week. And keep in touch. ;)

2 comments:

Papa said...

You're so right.....time is really flyin' by. We've been a tornado of activity since we got back a few days ago. We'll have company the first week of July so it's been a magic show trying to make room for an additional 4 people in this little condo.

Glad to hear your garden is doing well. We miss ours so much. But we still get fresh fruits and veggies at the corner of Brookside and 25.

Hope you guys have a great time at the beach. We look forward to getting together with you'll when you're back and settled in.

Lynette Kenyon said...

It has been a crazy summer! I hope y'all are having a blast at the beach and that you share some pictures!!!!

TEXT