Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun times....

This summer has been full of fun things. From playing in the pool...to a vacation at the beach...and of course, a birthday. There has also been some ATV riding, and poppin' wheelies, which Ben thought was, "AWESOME!"
And on one of the hottest days, we turned on the garden sprinkler for some extra fun...
The boys would take turns running into the shower of water...

and jumping over it...

back and forth...
sometimes getting some good air...

and even made a tag game of it...

Last Saturday, we went to the Brother Wolf Animal Rescue to see if they had any lab mix puppies. I had looked online, but the only one they had that I had seen online was this little girl named Storm. She's about 4 mos. old. She seemed sweet enough, but we were hoping for a younger puppy.

These little ones were the first ones the boys and I laid eyes on, and Ben just fell in love. My favorite was the biggest one. Josh's was the smallest, and Ben loved the middle one. But none of them are lab, they're a terrier mix, which is fine with me, but not Steve.
We could not talk him into getting one, no matter how much we pleaded, or Ben cried. He wanted a puppy so bad. A volunteer said that one of the other volunteers had went to pick up a momma lab mix and her 8 puppies, which had just barely opened their eyes, so I will be checking back very soon.
~~~~~~
In other news, Ben lost his first tooth on Saturday. (Sat. was a big day!)
The Tooth Fairy visited him that night, and Sunday morning he awoke to find $2 under his pillow. He was much more excited than this picture
tells--he was still sleepy-eyed.
So that just about does it...you are now caught up on our goings-on.
Today, I'm off to get my driver's license renewed. Goody. What fun.
And why do things like that make me so nervous? I feel a knot in my stomach
just thinking about it. Ugh. :P
~~~~~~
Hope you're having a great week.
Thanks for stopping by.
:)

0 comments:

TEXT