Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One bad day...

That's what yesterday was. We knew that we would soon be losing our dear pet Lucy. And with her breathing becoming very heavy, and keeping her awake all night, as well as us, it was now time. So Steve took her to the vet early Monday morning. Upon returning home, he immediately went to digging her grave. He knew enough to go slow and take it easy. But after digging only about a foot deep, as he turned to move the dirt, something "popped," and down he went. After about 10 minutes he was able to get to his cell to call me to come help him...I was inside the house. I ran outside and found him on all "fours." It took about 45 minutes, and the use of the car to get him inside the house. He took some ibuprofen and a nap, but not feeling any better by the time the boys got home from school. So I called Gina (thanks, BFF) to watch the boys as I took Steve to the hospital. We were there for at least 3 hours, and all they did was give him a shot of morphine and a muscle relaxer, and prescriptions for later. He is still in a lot of pain, but at least he has movement, which he didn't have without someone there to help him last night (thanks, Fred). His prescriptions are helping to make movement possible, and they dull the pain. They also make him drowsy, which is helpful to me...makes having him home bearable. {smile}. So any prayers are greatly appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully, I will get some new crafty stuff on here tomorrow. As always, thanks for stopping by.
Hope you have a great day. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Desi-- I am sorry to hear about Lucy. It is such a sad time when we have to say goodbye to our dear furry friends.

Yikes about Steve!! I will definitely be praying for him to heal quickly!!

Take care my friend!! HUGS!!

Lynette Kenyon said...

:-( I'm sorry to hear about Lucy! I hope Steve is alright!

Papa said...

How horrible. We hope Steve is better. Get well young man.

Our condolences on the loss of sweet Lucy. She was always so happy to greet visitors. She'll be missed like her big black buddy was.

Thanks to Gina for always being there for you.

TEXT