Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Cards

Hello again....so soon.
I'm baaaack!
And first I want to share what I believe is my favorite card that I've made this year.
Or at least, one of my favorites.  {smile}
I was inspired by this card....
(From this blog that I follow.)

When I first saw it, I thought it was cute.  I liked the way the snowman was looking up.
I'd seen this before (where-?) and decided I wanted to try it, too.
So I grabbed some scrap white paper and started cutting circles.
Next, I cut the hat (freehand) and punched circles for eyes.
Etc., etc., until I had a snowman!  
I had already stamped the background and had it just lying around.
I put it all together, stamped a sentiment, and
Voila!
I like him sooo much, I might just have to keep him, as decoration!


Next is one I created with a couple of new stamps from Hero Arts.
The reindeer actually comes from a set that also comes with dies that cut the stamped image.
(Another Christmas gift to myself using my *special* money.  hehehe)


Okay, so the first two were cute-sy, so next is a couple of simple, kind of elegant cards.
The tree was actually just practice for another card, and I thought, why waste it.
I applied some light green glitter glue to the same stamp,
and stamped over the original tree, and let dry.
I think it turned out really cute.

And another new stamp, in silver ink, with some glitter glue as *snow*.
I love the way this is so simple, yet pretty.

All of these stamps were Hero Arts stamps, which I have discovered that I love, love, love.
They are so easy to use.
And the cards were inspired by looking at, uh, drooling over their blog.
Thanks for looking.
Hope you have a great weekened.
:)


1 comments:

Gina said...

Very nice!!

TEXT