Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Day at the Fair

My goodness.  Where has the week gone?!
Last weekend we went to the WNC Fair at the AG Center.
First, we tried to view the animals and other farm stuff...


...but the boys weren't very interest.  Except for the big tractor.

And Josh was looking for the baby chicks, which we did finally find.


But after about half an hour (of whining), we headed for the rides.
The first one that we came to that Ben wanted to ride was this thing...
(That's Ben and I in the front car, in case you were wondering.)

Then the boys rode the Rockin' Tug Boat together.
Besides one other boy, they had it to themselves.

Then it was Dad's turn to ride.  
He and Josh rode the Himalayan, one of the fastest rides there.
(hehehe...Steve's not much for the rides.  ;D )

This ride was more for the kiddies, so Ben rode alone.
The motorcycles' front wheels went up and down as they went around.

This one was cool.  They 'flew' through the sky...

 Higher and higher....

When we were down to only enough coupons for one more ride each,
we decided to ride the BIG ferris wheel.
(I might mention that I've not been on a ferris wheel in 15+ years,
and even Steve was a little nervous about the height.)
I think I'd rather have rode the Tilt*A*Whirl.  ;)

The view from the top of the ferris wheel...

Josh's first taste of cotton candy, and it was stuck to his lips.  :)

We had a great time.
Spent a little too much money, but it was worth it.
We also got a little sunburned, especially me.
I looked like Rudolph. :)
And we were tired after a few hours.
I said to Steve that I don't know how I survived a whole week at WDW!
He said, conditioning.
(I walked for several hours a day, midday, in the sun for weeks prior to our trip,
just so I'd be ready for the Florida summer sun.)
I need to do that more often, regardless.
Walking, that is.
(But everyone knows I'd jump at the chance to go to Disney again!!  :D )
~~~~~~~~
On another note....
I've finally been able to get back to some scrapping.
Hope to have some pages on here soon.
Come back and see what I've been up to, if you want.
Thanks for stopping by.
:)

0 comments:

TEXT