So I said that we went to a used car lot after playing at Fun Depot...
It was a Saturday...the salesmen were there, of course.
So we had to deal with them, but let me back up a bit, first.
~~~~~~~
We had been talking for quite some time about getting Steve a 'new' truck.
One that would get at least 18 mpg, instead of 18 mptank.
We would trade in the van on the new truck, then sell the old truck to
a neighbor that has had his eye on it for a couple of years now,
putting the money from that sell towards the loan on the new one.
Steve's really had his heart set on a 2008ish Toyota Tacoma Crewcab 4x4.
But even a 2008 Toyota is still pretty expensive, at least for our budget.
We've looked and looked.
I had been searching local car lots online, and kept coming up with the same thing:
we can't afford the Toyota Tacoma right now.
So, one night I suggested that we might as well just get me a new car now, and by the time we
pay it off, then the 2008-2010 Tacoma will be slightly more affordable, and we can get it then.
Steve agreed. (GASP!)
So I turned my online search towards cars.
I have liked the new Kia Optimas, but the new ones, with the sleek,
sporty body styles are a little out of our price range still.
So instead of searching by car, I searched by price.
~~~~~~
So it was Friday night, the night before going to Fun Depot.
I was searching the Hunter Automotive Group site for anything interesting.
What I found was a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, white, with great gas mileage, and lots of extras.
(Ya know I like white, right? Camaro. Remember? lol)
Hyundai wasn't even on the radar, but I thought it might be worth giving it a look-see.
So that is where we ended up that Saturday.
And the salesman insisted we test drive it.
Then he and his manager insisted we take it home for the rest of the weekend.
So we did....I loved seeing this beautiful white car sitting in the driveway....
It was really nice, um, fun(!) to drive! This little 4 cycl. gets 198 hp!
Even the boys liked it, and Steve, too! lol
But on Monday, we had to take it back.
The salesman asked if we liked the car...heck yeah, we liked it!
But there was something wrong with it....
so we got this one instead....
It is identical to the first one, besides color, obviously, with one exception:
about 25k miles difference.
The white one had 52k+ miles on it. (That was what was wrong with it.)
That's a bit high for a 2 year old car.
That's a bit high for a 2 year old car.
And we just couldn't get past that.
This one has only 25k+ miles. The color is called 'Irridescent Silver Blue Pearl.'
Sometimes it looks silver, sometimes it looks like a powder blue.
It just depends on the light.
I like it.
But not as much as the white.
Though I do like the interior color better...it's grey and black.
The white one was tan and black.
If the white one had the grey interior with about 20k less miles....
ooh, ooh, ooh!
I'd have really liked it!!
So this is our new 'girl.'
We all like it. Yes, even Steve.
Though, he did have to check his Consumer Reports magazine to see
if they recommended it, and the overall ratings.
And they did, and it had great ratings.
Every time I drive it, I like it more.
The only thing I miss so far about the van is the third row seating.
Especially those times when I need to separate the boys!
(UGH!)
But I'm sure that if we have a bad winter, I might miss it then, too! (AWD.)
But we didn't need it this past winter, and if we have a bad winter this year,
I'll just stay home.
'Nuff said.
~~~~~~~~
Thanks for taking an interest, and taking the time.
Hope you're having a great week.
Is it August 27th yet?
;[
0 comments:
Post a Comment