Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Fun

So, a couple of weeks ago, we celebrated Ben's 8th birthday.
Even though it came in the middle of the week, we still had a 'party.'
With all the balloons and decorations, presents, pizza, and cake.


Even though toys are fun, getting cards with money in them is always a great thing, too!
(Notice the toes.  Can't you tell the excitement just from looking at them?)


An unexpected present....
(Again with the toes...)


Not just Legos.  Dinosaur Legos!


As requested, a Spiderman Web Slinger.
(The mask is from an old Halloween costume.  And he's shooting Mom.)


The best part about having a summer birthday is when the party turns into a pool party.


(I can't believe I actually got this shot!)


A neighbor had her granddaughters visiting for a couple weeks this summer, and they came
down to play several times.  We invited them to come down for his party, of course.
(That little one in the middle, that Josh is giving bunny ears, she's a pistol!
But I could just eat her up!  She's so cute!)


(Would've preferred Acropolis, but this was cheaper.)


(Mmmmmm.....yummy!)


Then on Saturday, we took him to one of his favorite places...


Did all the usuals...



as well as a couple of new things, like this hurricane simulator.
(Not for me...I hate the wind...the only thing I fear more than wind...water.)


And there was a new pirate arcade game...


One of the highlights is riding the bumper cars.


We even ate lunch in the Depot Diner.
I had the best greasy-spoon cheeseburger I've had in a long time.
And the fries were hot and yummy, too.
~~~~~~
Afterward, we went to a car lot to browse for used cars,
but that's another story....
~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week.
;)

1 comments:

Lynette Kenyon said...

It looks like his birthday was very similar to Jaden's! I'm glad he had a great one! We were thinking about him!

TEXT