Since we had a major vacation last year, we had a 'simple,' inexpensive vacation this year.
Our favorite place to camp is Davidson River Campground.
And we were lucky enough to have a great site to pitch our tents.
Though the days were plenty hot enough, the nights, and mornings were kind of cool.
"Bacon...bacon...bacon! I smell bacon!!"
The boys loved being able to ride their bikes on a flat, smooth surface, all day long...
except when they'd have an accident.
Josh looked like someone beat him up by the end of the week!
Josh looked like someone beat him up by the end of the week!
Ben enjoyed a huge box of sidewalk chalk. He made a 'parade' of animals,
and his favorite dinosaurs.
Steve also hung a hammock. The boys were constantly competing for hammock time.
One of the few chances Steve had to just sit and relax.
Usually he was passing a football or bicycling around the loop with the boys.
Usually he was passing a football or bicycling around the loop with the boys.
Whenever we weren't hanging out at the campsite, or riding bikes,
we were down at the river.
we were down at the river.
The water was waaay to cold for me, but not the boys!
Josie had a ball! She would 'fetch' rocks we'd throw, jumping right in, and trying to find it.
She loved to get out into the deepest part where the current was, and just swim in place.
Then she'd come back, as if to say, "Did ya see me?! Did I do good, Mama?"
And what camping trip would be complete without roasting marshmallows, and eating s'mores?!
Thank goodness this thing was on the OUTSIDE of the tent, and not inside!! Eeeysh!
We couldn't resist eating at our favorite restaurant while we were there,
seeing as it's like only 2 minutes from the campground!!
I hope you enjoyed looking at pictures of our vacation fun,
at least as much as I enjoyed sharing them.
:)
Hope you have a great week!
<3
1 comments:
I think your brother would love it if I would go camping! I'm too scared of gators and big bugs! LOL Looks like you guys had a great trip!!!
Post a Comment