Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines...and birthday cards...

Yes, Valentine's Day was a couple of days ago, but you know me...
I'm usually a little slow about getting things on here real quick.
Anywho....
So I started the day with fixing up the boys' Valentine's from Mom & Dad.
They each received a M&M t-shirt (Josh red, Ben blue)
and a small heart-shaped box of chocolates, as well as a card.
(That's my card from Steve in the background.)

Then Steve took me out for lunch.
(One nice thing about him being on a 3rd shift is that we have a
built-in babysitter--public school.)
We both wanted to go to Carrabba's.
But they're not open for lunch during the week.
Then there was the idea of Outback. Same thing.
So we decided to try something new, but close to home.
We had yet to try LoneStar Steakhouse since it opened.
The best part, for me anyway, was the Texas Rose.
So very much like the Bloomin' Onion from Outback.
YUM!

Throughout the morning, while getting ready for our date,
I found little gifts hidden, where I would eventually, if not certainly, find them.
(All I asked for for Valentine's Day was a big box of truffles. I got two.)
(And of course I like anything Mouse-like.)

Then my little sweeties came home from school....
and gave me lots of kisses....

These are the Valentine's boxes the boys and I made for school.
The one on the left is a DeathStar and the other is Godzilla.
(That's what they wanted!)

My cards and truffles from the boys....

I made a red velvet cake for our dessert....


________________________________________________________________

Now for some cards.
First I want to share one of the cards I got for Steve.
I think it's so cute, and funny, and...kinda true....
(No more bikinis and speedos for us!!)

And this is the card I made for him....

These are the 'generic' birthday cards I made.
Two pink, and two blue...

I've made one like this before, only in a 'shorter' version.

Maybe one of you will receive it in the future...
hhmmmm.
There was another card that I made, but I mailed it before I remembered
to take a picture. Duh! Blonde moment.
Or perhaps it was a 'grey' moment.
Idunno.
Hope you're having a great week.
Thanks for looking!
:)

0 comments:

TEXT