Monday, August 16, 2010

Meet "Rosie"

Yes, we were sadden about Pepsi, but as I said, we quickly refocused and moved on.
We found (via Petfinder) more than a dozen black lab pups at the Unicoi County Animal Shelter in Erwin, TN. So we googled a map, and got directions. It's a straight shot up I-26 through Madison Co. and into Tennessee. We were already ready for a long trip, so why not? We took the 1hr.+ drive through some beautiful mountain country... We went in and out of overcast skies, and even ran into a rain shower.

The way the sun cast shadows against the mountains under the darkened sky, was just beautiful.

We stopped at the Tennessee Welcome Center. It was a very nice rest area. We were thoroughly impressed!


The shelter wasn't too far inside the TN state line, but the google map wasn't exactly correct, not that they always are. But Steve stopped to ask for directions (yes, a man asked for directions! go figure!) and we were there in no time. We were there when they first opened, so we had our pick of the black-lab-crop. It was difficult at first to choose one that we all agreed on...truth is, they were all too cute! But we narrowed it down to two, a black lab/golden retriever mix named Lei (Hawaiian) and this little girl named Rosie. Lei was soft and fluffy, but quite a bit bigger than Rosie, so size being the determining factor, we chose Rosie.
(Doesn't this photo make you ready for Halloween?!)

She did fine on the drive home, sleeping most of the way. She seemed to take easily to the leash as I walked her when we arrived home. She did well in the crate as I fixed lunch. She's only had 2 accidents--most of her business has been done outside while on the leash. She's playful, like most pups. She knows where her food and water are. And she's figure out that the "rectangular hole in the floor" blows out cool air, which makes for a nice place to take a break....

She seems to be settling in just fine. The boys just adore her.
Tomorrow, we call the vet to see about getting an initial exam, spaying, and the rest of her puppy shots.
~~~~~~
So, all's well that ends well.
~~~~~~
Now, I need to get some pet-themed scrapbook supplies!
(hehehehe!)
;D
(BTW, her name will change. As I've said before, I like Josie, or JoJo. Remember, MoJo (cat's name mashed with the dog's name)? Well, how coincidental is it that her shelter name is only one letter different? That settles it for me! The boys like Josie as well. Now, if I can only convince Steve.....hhmmmmm.....)

1 comments:

Gina said...

Can't wait to see her!!

TEXT