As you may or may not know, this is NC's tax-free weekend, where you can get school supplies and clothing, among other things, without paying state and local taxes. (O-goody!) This week is also my usual week to shop for groceries (every other week). So instead of trying to do it all at once and REALLY wear myself out, I decided to split the shopping into two days, groceries on Thursday, and school supplies and new clothes today. Whew! I am beat! I don't care whether or not I step into a Walmart or Target for another month!!! But I do believe that the boys are ready for school, at least supply-wise anyway. At least I am ready for August 25th!!
~~~~~~
In other goings-on, I have been searching on Petfinder.com for the last couple of weeks for our next pet/member-of-the-family. Every morning and every evening, I check the local shelters' websites to see if there's any new additions. Last night, I found what may (hopefully) turn out to be the right one for us. This is Pepsi....
Isn't she so adorable?! She's just 6 weeks old. The trick is, she's in Newland--that's about 1 1/2 hour drive away, near Linville, NC. Steve called the shelter this afternoon, and had her put on a 24 hr. hold for us. So, tomorrow we will be off to Newland to meet Pepsi. I'm not sure if she'll be coming home with us, even if we DO adopt her--she still has to be spayed--I think--so we may have to wait a few days, and then go back and pick her up after her surgery. Yes, that's two trips. Hopefully it'll all work out. Just by looking at her picture, she's won all of our hearts!
Isn't she so adorable?! She's just 6 weeks old. The trick is, she's in Newland--that's about 1 1/2 hour drive away, near Linville, NC. Steve called the shelter this afternoon, and had her put on a 24 hr. hold for us. So, tomorrow we will be off to Newland to meet Pepsi. I'm not sure if she'll be coming home with us, even if we DO adopt her--she still has to be spayed--I think--so we may have to wait a few days, and then go back and pick her up after her surgery. Yes, that's two trips. Hopefully it'll all work out. Just by looking at her picture, she's won all of our hearts!~~~~~~
(BTW, Pepsi is the name the shelter gave her. She may or may not keep it. I kinda like the name Josie, or JoJo for short. Our cat is named Moe, or MoMo. Put them together and you get MoJo. :D I like it....)
~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
:)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
:)
1 comments:
Very sweet! I'm wondering if he came home with you! Our Walmart shopping experience last week was definitely better than most! It was even FUN! heehee! (fun to see you and the boys!) Have a great week! ♥
Post a Comment