I can't believe that the end of school has come so soon. It seems like just a couple of months ago, we were sending Ben off on his adventure into kindergarten. And here we are...anxious for summer vacation, and all the promise of fun and good times. Just last week, the kindergarten classes held their graduation ceremony, but that seems like forever-ago. Unlike when Josh graduated kindergarten, it being in the individual classrooms, Ben's graduation was held in the gym, all four classes together. It was pure mayhem. Every parent wanting to get the best possible picture of their child singing and receiving their certificate....
~~~~~~
I tried practicing to make sure that I had the right settings on the camera...
this one isn't quite so good....but you get the overall picture....
When the music began for the students to march in, the parents began to scramble. The seats that we chose turned out not to be the best....(isn't that how it goes?)....but Ben still could find me in the sea of grown-ups....

I kept moving around, trying to get into a better position, and yet not getting in anyone else's way....Ben still watching me....

Now, this is better. And look at that smile. He was now having fun!

Isn't he just sooo cute!?

The little girl in pink knocked his hat off once or twice, and he had to keep fixing it after that. She was really getting into it!

The proud moment....that's his teacher Mrs. Jones, with the principal, Mrs. Smith calling out the names.
this one isn't quite so good....but you get the overall picture....
When the music began for the students to march in, the parents began to scramble. The seats that we chose turned out not to be the best....(isn't that how it goes?)....but Ben still could find me in the sea of grown-ups....
I kept moving around, trying to get into a better position, and yet not getting in anyone else's way....Ben still watching me....
Now, this is better. And look at that smile. He was now having fun!
(That's Steve down there in the lower left corner with the camcorder. hehehe)
Isn't he just sooo cute!?
The little girl in pink knocked his hat off once or twice, and he had to keep fixing it after that. She was really getting into it!
The proud moment....that's his teacher Mrs. Jones, with the principal, Mrs. Smith calling out the names.
A proud Momma....

...with Mrs. Jones...

...and Mrs. Carpenter...

...and his best friend, Dawson...

...back in the classroom, he munched on a cookie, and we gathered his belongings...

Can you believe it? I can't...time is just moving too quickly. I know that there are parents out there who are anxious over their kids graduating high school and going off to college, and here I am boo-hooing over kindergarten graduation. I JUST WANT IT TO SLOW DOWN! I'm not ready to be thinking about college yet!! (lol)
...and Mrs. Carpenter...
...and his best friend, Dawson...
...back in the classroom, he munched on a cookie, and we gathered his belongings...
Can you believe it? I can't...time is just moving too quickly. I know that there are parents out there who are anxious over their kids graduating high school and going off to college, and here I am boo-hooing over kindergarten graduation. I JUST WANT IT TO SLOW DOWN! I'm not ready to be thinking about college yet!! (lol)
~~~~~~
And no, there aren't any pictures of Josh for this post. This was Ben's special day. Josh had his special day last year. However, Josh is just as excited about the end of school, and all the fun he's looking forward to this summer. (Not to mention that we traded a rarely-played Wii game, and got two new ones for the same price, that both boys are looking forward to playing...Daddy said they had to wait til school was out to play the new games...good thinking Daddy!)
~~~~~~
As always, thanks for coming by and sharing our fun! ;D
Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
AW! Congrats to Ben! Looks like a great day!!!!
Way to go Ben.....Nana and I will see you and Josh really soon.
Post a Comment