Thursday, February 25, 2010

Having Fun...

Yeah, I have been having fun here lately...trying to catch up on scrapping December's photos, and creating a few cards....After spending a small fortune on Valentine's Day cards, I remembered that I have "stuff" to MAKE my own cards. So, I made two "girly" birthday cards, for Steve to choose from for his niece...absent-minded me forgot to take a picture of the chosen one before it was sent off...and two for his mother, again, so he'd have a choice. I used my card templates to cut the cards and make the envelopes. I used my Slice to cut "celebrate" and "make a wish," as well as the flowers. And I also played around with my stamps, including the inside sentiment. It took me a few minutes (or more) to get going, but once I did, I had a mess covering the desk, and it sure was a lot of fun!
And here's the LOs I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. This first one I just completed yesterday, but it's dated back in November!

The next two are nearly identical...again. I am finding it easier to work two at the same time, and using the same supplies takes the guess work out of it.



This next one was partly copied (left page), almost exactly, from an ad for MeAndMyBigIdeas, on the back cover of scrapbooks, etc. magazine. When I saw it, I knew that I had to "lift" it. I fell in love with it. The right page I tried to mimic the look and still fit all the photos.

Here, I wanted Josh's page to be just as cute as Ben's. I felt like Ben's was special 'cause it had Santa and his reindeer on in. But I didn't have any more chipboard pieces to do a duplicate page, so I had to do something different. I had the speciality paper that looks like a wrapped gift, tag and all. For the right side, I cut the paper to mat the photos, and then used the top strip on the side. I used my Slice to create a tag to mimic the one on the left side.

Well, that's it for now. I'm almost out of photos to scrap, so when I finish those, I'll be printing more to scrap, and then to share....well, you get the idea...And I may be working on some more cards, too. Yay, fun! Have a great weekend!
~~~~~~
(P.S. Sorry if the photos are a little blurry...dummy me didn't charge the "good camera" battery after the last use, when I knew that it needed it, and had to use the little point-n-shoot instead...
O-well...live and learn I guess! :D)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desi -- WOW You have been a very busy lady!! Your cards are so bright and cheery!! I just love them!!

I love your Christmas LO's too!! I really enjoy your family via these wonderful LOs!!

Blessings and Hugs!

TEXT