Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Fun

Can you believe it?  
October has already come to a close.
All I can say is "Wow."
~~~~~~
We were a little late getting our pumpkins this year.
We usually go out to Edneyville to Grandad's and Lyda's.
But we decided to do something a little different, a little closer to home.
The church that hosts our Cub Scout meetings sells pumpkins annually.
So we thought that we would do a small part to help support the church
and buy the pumpkins from them.
And this year, the boys each got their very own pumpkin to carve.


They each designed it and carved it...

And much to our surprise, Ben actually wanted to gut his pumpkin!
He usually wants nothing to do with the slimy innards!

Josh, on the other hand, has always enjoyed playing with and squishing the slimy mess...

I'm not sure which 'punkins' are cuter!

'Jonah' (named after his BF)...

and 'Jackie Shine'...(names chosen by the Artists).

And one of my annual favorites, milk jug ghosts...

Ready for Fright Night treats....


Though we had Trunk-N-Treat at Cub Scouts on Monday,
we decided to go out for some serious Halloween Trick-or-Treating.
Steve finally gave in and said 'yes' to going to a neighborhood close to our house.  ;D

Hey, those ghosts look familiar!

It took a few houses, but once the boys got the hang of it, they were 'off and running'...

But as we approached one particular house, Ben came running back to Mom and Dad,
and said he wanted to go with us (up to the house).
After we coaxed him on, and he and his brother got to the door, I realized why....
That's Ben's teacher, Mrs. Webb in the back ground!
He had evidently seen her at the door before we got there!  ;)

The boys got a TON of candy!
And they had a great time.
They both said that this was the best Halloween ever!
(And I must admit here, I love having kids....
so I can re-live my childhood!  hehehe  ;D)
Thanks for stopping by!
:)

0 comments:

TEXT