The boys and I went to the park one day during spring break to ride our bikes. At first, Ben had training wheels on his bike, but after riding for a few minutes, he had leaned on them so much that they were bent, and not holding him up so good anymore. So Mom said they needed to come off, and he would have to learn to ride without them. It was time anyway. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy about them being off, at first. I tried running along with him a couple of times, but that wasn't working too well. (Not to mention that the chain kept popping off 'cause I didn't get the rear axle quite straight enough after removing the training wheels, but we figured it out....) So I pushed him toward the grass, and let go.
He kept going.
Nana, who had shown up just shortly before I had let him go on his own, saw him, and was cheering him on, too. Papa came later to witness all the fun, and to help repair the chain once more after it had popped off after a collision with Josh's parked bike. (Oops!) After about 3 hours at the park, he was riding all on his own.
~~~~~~
So, to help keep it fresh, we went again the next day, along with Daddy,
and this time I remembered to take the camera!
Ready, set, GO!
First, a lap around the ball parks on the paved pathway....
then we took it "off road."
All my boys stopped to look at the new landscaping along the path....
The end of the line, and time for a break.
We even enjoyed a picnic lunch in the warm sunshine.
We shared a couple of corn chips with a cute little critter.
(Don't tell the squirrels around my house that I let one their cousins get this close,
and even fed him!!)
After lunch, we were back on the road again...
I don't know if you can see it in this photo, but Ben is smiling soooo big.
Smooches from a proud Momma....
We've not been back to the park since spring break,
but the boys have been riding around the yard at home.
And Ben is still riding on two wheels,
and enjoying his new ability.
Thanks for looking.
Have a goot one!
:D
0 comments:
Post a Comment