I have really been slack on keeping this blog updated, I know, I know.
There for awhile, I was trying to update every week. Then every other week.
Then it got to be once a month. And now it's been two months since my last post.
Geeeezz!!
Has anyone wondered where I've been?
Is anyone even check this thing anymore?
Is anyone even going to read this?
Well, just in case, here goes nothing...
~~~~~~
I can't believe how fast this year is zooming along. Only two weeks of school left.
And now, we're counting down to Disney!
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Let me go back and recap the last two months....
~~~~~~
Here's our silly dog....
She loves to sleep on our shoes.
She won't chew on the ones that are inside....she sleeps with those.
On the first Saturday in April, we went to visit my mom...
Grammy and Pop-pop to the boys.
While they waited for everyone to arrive, the boys chased baby grasshoppers around.

Ben was one of the few boys to actually catch them. He would catch them,
and give them to the other boys that couldn't.
Mr. Cool.
Josh got bored running around after grasshoppers.
I guess he's too cool. ;)

There was some sort of fair going on that weekend.
We got to see how people lived 'back in the day.'
Steve and I are both thankful for gasoline-powered tillers!!
Then there was spring break. I don't remember much about it.
Again, it was just a blur.
Of course, at the end of the week, we celebrated Easter.
And of course, we had to dye eggs

Aren't these guys so cute?!
I almost didn't want to break them to make egg salad.
I wish the boys enjoyed eating hard boiled eggs
as much as they love to color them.

Saturday before Easter was Steve's birthday.
We celebrated by having a family activity. We let the boys choose
between bowling or roller skating.
Guess which they chose...

I laughed my head off at first, watching the boys try to learn to stay on their feet.
Steve and I took turns helping each of them. Ben would 'scoot' along.
Josh would watch all the older kids zoom by, and he'd try to do what they did.
Bless his heart.
They had a blast. And hated to have to leave.
But they were slap worn out.

Instead of cake, I made Ghirardelli Brownies for Steve.
YUM!
Ben was one of the few boys to actually catch them. He would catch them,
and give them to the other boys that couldn't.
Mr. Cool.Josh got bored running around after grasshoppers.
I guess he's too cool. ;)
There was some sort of fair going on that weekend.
We got to see how people lived 'back in the day.'
Steve and I are both thankful for gasoline-powered tillers!!
Then there was spring break. I don't remember much about it.
Again, it was just a blur.
Of course, at the end of the week, we celebrated Easter.
And of course, we had to dye eggs
Aren't these guys so cute?!
I almost didn't want to break them to make egg salad.
I wish the boys enjoyed eating hard boiled eggs
as much as they love to color them.
Saturday before Easter was Steve's birthday.
We celebrated by having a family activity. We let the boys choose
between bowling or roller skating.
Guess which they chose...
I laughed my head off at first, watching the boys try to learn to stay on their feet.
Steve and I took turns helping each of them. Ben would 'scoot' along.
Josh would watch all the older kids zoom by, and he'd try to do what they did.
Bless his heart.
They had a blast. And hated to have to leave.
But they were slap worn out.
Instead of cake, I made Ghirardelli Brownies for Steve.
YUM!
but it somehow got deleted, and I don't know how to add it back in
without starting over. So sorry.}
Let the games begin...
but that wouldn't last....
a little more difficult....

which led to some serious competition....

The race is on!

Josh preparing to 'cross over' to become a Bear.
which led to some serious competition....
The race is on!
at finding the eggs. As well as very competitive.
~~~~~~
That was the month of April.
So far, for May, each of the boys went on a field trip in school the first week.
There was Mother's Day. Steve took me out the Friday before for breakfast.
We took his Mother out for lunch Sunday after church.
That week, Mother had surgery, and had to stay with us for a few days.
The next weekend, was Family Day celebration at church.
(wish I took the camera)
The boys both loved riding the mechanical bull.
(wish I took the camera!)
~~~~~~
And we scrambled to complete all the scout requirements and electives
to get all the beads and arrow points and patches to finish up the year.
Last Monday was the last Pack meeting. The Tigers performed the flag ceremonies.
The opening ceremony...Ben got to carry the US flag...
Josh preparing to 'cross over' to become a Bear.
but I got one of him on the other side.

The new Bear den....

Ben receiving his badge, and preparing to cross over....

The new Bear den....
Ben receiving his badge, and preparing to cross over....
It looks as if Ben's listening to some encouragement from his leader.

2 comments:
Good to see y'all are still there. When you don't post for awhile it sure does make for a long one when you do.
Hey boys, hope to see you two in a few weeks. I'll want to hear all about WDW. Have fun!
I still check!!! And I understand! It gets hard to post as often as you intend to! I still need to post our picture from Disney! So glad y'all are getting to go!!!!!
Post a Comment