Yes, things have gotten a little busy around here. Of course, we are settling into a school routine, in the morning, but especially in the afternoon. Both boys have a good bit of homework, except for on Fridays (TGIFs!). And there's Cub Scouts on Monday nights, and whew!, those are the craziest nights! Trying to get homework done, fix and eat dinner, and run out the door by 5:30 to go to Scouts; then rush home shortly after 7:00, bathe the kids and get them ready for bed, and settled down before Dancing With the Stars starts at 8:00!!
But I guess in some ways, I kinda like it, the fast pace keeps me on my toes...like a challenge. I need that, every now and then.
~~~~~~
As I mentioned before (I think), I started volunteering at school, in Ben's class, last week. It was quite the experience. I had fun! And the kids were great. I instructed a craft project. We made owls, which is what they were learning about last week. The craft was made out of a paper lunch bag, and simple shapes (circles and triangles) that they traced and cut and glued. (I'll post a picture of it when Ben brings his home.) It was neat to see how each child worked, some faster than others, some more detail-oriented. They also made an owl snack out of rice cakes, PB, bananas, cereal and cheese. No pictures of that one!--they ate it!!
I will be volunteering every Friday this month, doing a craft that works back to what they're learning about. This week it's bats. I am looking forward to it.
~~~~~~
I've also been hard at work making little cards for the kids in both Ben and Josh's classes....
Stamping, and coloring, and cutting, and gluing! OH MY!! I plan on making little treat bags to go along with them. I can't wait....
~~~~~~
There are also a couple of birthdays this week, so while I had the desk covered in paper, and cutting tools, and glue, I thought I'd make a couple of cards for the occasion. The first one is for Steve's brother-in-law....
This one is for his niece....
And I've saved the best news for last....
On Sept. 23, after sitting for a time-out, Ben talked about a "vision" he had about the Devil killing all the grown-ups. As we talked about it, and particularly about how Jesus saves us, he said with tear-filled eyes that he felt Jesus (pointing to his chest) "right here," and that he wanted to tell the preacher on Sunday morning that he felt him there.
Last year, Josh had talked about being saved, and in particular about being baptized, but wasn't ready to go in front of the church and tell everyone. However, since Little Brother was going to do it, he wanted to do it too. So on Sept. 26, we all went down to the alter, and told the preacher what Ben and Josh wanted to do. And so they prayed the "Sinner's Prayer" with one of the Pastor's assistants, and were saved!
They are now taking part in a special class just for children who get saved, that teaches them more about salvation, and how to be closer to Jesus. When they finish the class--in a few weeks--they will be baptized.
We are so happy and proud.
I will keep you posted as to when they will be baptized.
As always thanks for stopping by, and checking in.
:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment