Well, the summer is coming to a close, at least the calendar says so...the weather is a different story. It's time to take the pool down, so the boys took one last "dip" in the cool water.
Yes, the water was a bit cooler than before, but they still had a great time!
We've been taking lots of pictures of Josie...she's so silly!
We've been taking lots of pictures of Josie...she's so silly!
{That's her toy box she's sitting in!}

And she loves her Squeaky Squirrel.

And again, she's in her favorite spot, except part of her is under the couch...

If I sit at the computer, she lays at my feet under the desk...

We have been wanting to take a picture of her with the boys before she out grows her puppy-hood. I can't believe how much she's grown in a month! But it was difficult to get a good photo with everyone looking forward, smiling, and not being silly! So, I'll take what I can get....

And, this past Saturday, we took off to the WNC Fair. We went after supper, as to get the full effect, with all the midway lights and sounds.
The first thing we did was check out all the animals and livestock. But that quickly got boring, and the boys kept pleading to go to the "fun stuff."

But of course the BIG tractor was cool....


Ahhh...the fun stuff!....

The first thing we came to was the first thing we rode. Everyone was excited to get on....

The attendant took these pictures....

and since it is the Tilt*A*Whirl.....

Josh had wanted to ride the "octopus" ride (The Black Widow), but after the tilt-a-whirl, he changed his mind....

Both boys enjoyed the safari climb (?)....
After his experience on the Tilt-A-Whirl, Josh didn't want to ride any more rides, not even the kiddie ones. {I guess 'cause they were "kiddie."}
Ben would've ridden more rides, except he wasn't quite tall enough...he missed it by an inch or so. He's looking forward to next year, though! {Eat your veggies, Son!}
And she loves her Squeaky Squirrel.
And again, she's in her favorite spot, except part of her is under the couch...
If I sit at the computer, she lays at my feet under the desk...
We have been wanting to take a picture of her with the boys before she out grows her puppy-hood. I can't believe how much she's grown in a month! But it was difficult to get a good photo with everyone looking forward, smiling, and not being silly! So, I'll take what I can get....
And, this past Saturday, we took off to the WNC Fair. We went after supper, as to get the full effect, with all the midway lights and sounds.
The first thing we did was check out all the animals and livestock. But that quickly got boring, and the boys kept pleading to go to the "fun stuff."
But of course the BIG tractor was cool....
Ahhh...the fun stuff!....
The first thing we came to was the first thing we rode. Everyone was excited to get on....
The attendant took these pictures....
and since it is the Tilt*A*Whirl.....
Josh had wanted to ride the "octopus" ride (The Black Widow), but after the tilt-a-whirl, he changed his mind....
Both boys enjoyed the safari climb (?)....
But Ben wanted to ride everything! {Not enough coupons, Son!}
I know this photo is just a big blur, but I kinda like the effect....

Now this was what Josh was really looking forward to....
I know this photo is just a big blur, but I kinda like the effect....
Now this was what Josh was really looking forward to....
he was ready...
and they're off!....

Look at 'im go!

Then there was the BIG slide....AWESOME!!!

And inflatable obstacle courses....
Daddy's nausea finally calmed down enough from the Tilt-A-Whirl to ride the carousel with Ben...(hehehe)....
Look at 'im go!
Then there was the BIG slide....AWESOME!!!
And inflatable obstacle courses....
We never did ride the Ferris Wheel...the line was waaaay to long!
Ben and Mom stand in line for a third ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl, later joined by Josh. I didn't think he would get on it again. He didn't like it the first time...just yelled and screamed for it to stop. {I would've been ROFL if I didn't have to remain seated during the ride! I laughed so hard I cried!! People were staring at me!!} Ben absolutely loved the ride.
Ben would've ridden more rides, except he wasn't quite tall enough...he missed it by an inch or so. He's looking forward to next year, though! {Eat your veggies, Son!}
We all had a great time. We spent more money than we would've liked, but it was worth it.
All in the name of fun, I guess!
~~~~~~
In other news, I will soon be volunteering in Ben's class at school. I will be helping with crafts that center around the seasons/holidays, as well as tie back to the curriculum. And when she gets the "Centers" set up, helping the children with reading and/or just listening to them read. Who knows what else! I may even try to fill in in other areas around the school, if needed, as needed. I'm actually starting to get excited. A little nervous, but excited.
~~~~~~
Thanks ~as always~for stopping by!
:)

2 comments:
I need to visit the new pup before she is big enough to ride....didn't make it to the fair this year; maybe next year! Always enjoy your pictures!
It looks like you got the pool fun in just in time! I LOVE the photos of the fair! I always enjoyed all of the rides...back in the olden days! You got a great photo of the ferris wheel in the background...to really show how HUGE it was! Great family fun! ♥
Post a Comment