Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bird Babies

We had a couple of wrens that were persistent in building a nest in our hanging tomato planters. I would chase them out of one and they would come back to another. So I took all the lids off of the planters, and put them over an empty pot. Sure enough, within an hour, they were busy filling it with leaves and twigs. It's kinda hard to tell male apart from female. I know with other birds, the males are the more brilliant. But the wrens look the same to me. I did notice one looked a little fatter than the other. And I thought that it was the male that built the nest. But these two proved that theory wrong.

At first, we found only one egg in the nest. Then, in a couple of days, we found three. Another day or two later, and there was five! Busy little birds!

As of this posting, we still have (5) eggs...no babies yet!


0 comments:

TEXT