Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Hunt Fun

This was a fun and funny Easter. I laughed so hard, and the boys had a great time hunting for treat-filled eggs. They had been practicing for a couple of days, but now the game was on. Josh is so competitive, he wanted to find the most eggs. Ben, on the other hand, was more concerned with finding the golden egg with the special treat inside.

Ben found both of the toys that were also hidden: a golf set and a bowling set. But he must not have known what to do with them, I was yelling at him to get them. I was laughing so hard.

Then Josh figured out what was going on, and out raced him to get the other one.

After toting them around for awhile, Josh talked Ben into trading.
Then the hunt was on again!
Josh was in such a hurry, he grabbed one egg as he ran by.....

but missed one just above his head, which Ben happily snatched up.



But the golden egg still remained elusive. Where was it?

Hidden deep in the grass, but in plain sight. I couldn't believe how many times they walked right past it, sometimes nearly stepping on it!


I finally stopped to take a picture of the elusive egg, and Ben happen to notice me. Yeah, Ben! He found the golden egg, with the $2 tucked inside, which he shared with big brother.



Then it was time for the games. Ben enjoyed his bowling game.




Josh practiced his golf technique; sometimes he had pretty good form.....


Other times, well, not so good. It looked more like he was playing T-ball!



Overall, a fun time was had by all. (Sorry if that seemed like a lot of pictures, but I honestly did try to narrow it down, to 31--I had something like 124 pictures from Good Friday, with opening Great Nana's gifts, to the climax of the egg hunt and games on Easter afternoon. ;) )

0 comments:

TEXT