Monday, March 2, 2009

FINALLY!! Now that's what'm talkin' 'bout!!

Wow! Those are some mighty big snowflakes! I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. This picture was taken shortly after noon, with a fast shutter setting.... Now, this picture was taken on a slow shutter setting. The snow was coming down so fast and heavy and BIG, that it almost looks like rain.

Wow--those are huge! We kept marveling over the size of the flakes...



After a trip to Wal-mart to try to find a sled or something of the like, the boys--Daddy, too--went out to play. It was after 5pm, and it was cold, but they had a great time having snowball fights.....



and how-to-make-a-snow-angel lessons and building a snowman....




and snow tubing! Yes, that is a pool float!


The ground was just barely covered, but that didn't stop them from slippin' and slidin' down the hill....


Daddy in his zuit(?) suit, you can just barely see him in these pictures, which have been lightened up in photo editing.


Josh hit Ben with a snowball as he zooms past...












It was after 6pm when they were finally called inside by Mom. Again, this was lightened in photo editing. And the snow was still coming down.
Lotsa laughs.




Just beautiful. Peaceful.



I still can't believe it....we finally got more than a dusting. That's 5 1/2 inches, measured from the back steps. It's been five years since we've had a good snow. Is it one inch per year that we had to wait? I hope we don't have to wait that long for our next big one. But for now, now I'm ready for spring........

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You took some amazing photos! It really has been a most beautiful snowfall and I don't know how many pics I've taken! Stay warm! ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

yeah, tell me about it...I think I took like 62 pix of the boys playing and all the beauty. Had to empty the card! D

TEXT