Well, my little boy is definitely growing up. Today was his first day of Kindergarten. For the weeks and months leading up to this day, Josh had mixed feelings about it: he'd be excited for a little while, then he'd say he didn't want to go to school. But after going to meet his teacher and see his classroom last Friday, he was READY. He couldn't wait. Myself, on the other hand, have been looking forward to this day, with some reserve, for quite some time. (I'm ready for a little bit of quiet around the house! LOL!) Yes, I did cry. Not because my sweet boy was leaving me, but because of pride, pride that he was about to embark on an adventure all on his own. I was scared for him for all the unknowns that he'll have to face. But I tried not to let him see my fear.
When he got off the bus, he was so thrilled at riding the bus home, he smiled from ear to ear! He had evidentally had such a fun, full of excitement day, he just couldn't remember what all he had done. I was so excited for him. And yet glad that he was home again. And Ben? Well, he must've been lost. I don't think he's ever been as quiet as he was today. Yes, Ben, quiet. Those words aren't usually used in the same sentence! I asked him, and he did say that he missed his brother. We all did. It has been a day of change and newness for all of us.
When he got off the bus, he was so thrilled at riding the bus home, he smiled from ear to ear! He had evidentally had such a fun, full of excitement day, he just couldn't remember what all he had done. I was so excited for him. And yet glad that he was home again. And Ben? Well, he must've been lost. I don't think he's ever been as quiet as he was today. Yes, Ben, quiet. Those words aren't usually used in the same sentence! I asked him, and he did say that he missed his brother. We all did. It has been a day of change and newness for all of us.
3 comments:
AW! I think I'll probably be a total wreck on Jaden's first day! I'm glad it went well! And I am SO glad you started a blog!!!
Papa and Nana are proud of Josh. He really looks happy to be riding the big yellow monster. That bus goes by our house, but, it must be before it gets to yours. Have lots of fun and learn lots of good stuff Josh. And Ben, soon you'll be going to school with your big brother. Then Mommy will really be scrapbooking!
AAAAhhhhh.....he looks so sweet! It sure brings back memories! Enjoy this special time and treasure your sweet family. We're so proud of you all, too!
Love, Nana
Post a Comment